Its quiz time once again..so put on your thinking caps and make me proud biochemists!
1) What is the most regulated enzyme?
e) Pyruvate Kinase
2) What co-factor is needed for the conversion of Pyruvate to Acetyl-CoA?
d) Vitamin C
e) All the above
3) What is the co-factor that all kinase enzyme require?
c) Vitamin A
4) Which reaction is the only oxidation phase in glycolysis?
a) Fructose-6-phosphate to Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate
b) 1,3-BPG to 3-Phosphoglycerate
c) G3P to 1,3-BPG
d) Phosphoenolpyruvate to Pyruvate
e) Glucose to Glucose-6-Phosphate
5) In which reactions are ATP produced?
a) 1st and 10th reactions
b) All reactions of the Energy Generation phase
c) 7th and 10th reactions
d) Reactions vary according to cell
e) ATP is produced in the Citric cycle and consumed in Glycolysis
6) In which reactions are ATP consumed?
a) 1st and 3rd reactions
b) All reactions of the Energy Investment Phase
c) 2nd and 5th reactions
d) ATP is only produced not consumed
e) Glucose to Glucose-6-phosphate ONLY
7) Where does glycolysis occur in the cell?
e) Directly outside the cell
8) Multiple Answer MCQ:
Select the correct multiple choice answer using ONE of the keys A,B,C,D or E below:
a) 1 and 4 are correct
b) 2 and 3 are correct
c) Only 4 is correct
d) 1 and 3 and 4 are correct
e) 2 and 4 are correct
8) Which reactions are irreversible?
1) Glucose-6-Phosphate to Fructose-6-Phosphate
2) Glucose to Glucose-6-phosphate
3) DHAP to G3P
4) Phosphoenolpyruvate to Pyruvate
9) Why is/are this/these reaction(s) irreversible?
a) Backward reaction is not energetically feasible
b) Not enough product is made for a reverse reaction
c) Backward reaction produces too much heat
d) Change in structure of product prevents reactants from being made.
e) All of the above
10) What enzyme is used to convert Glucose-6-Phosphate to Fructose-6-Phosphate?
c) Phosphohexose isomerase
11) What is the by-product when Enolase converts Phosphoglycerate to Phosphoenolpyruvate?
12) What happens to pyruvate when oxygen is unavailable?
a) It is converted to L-Lactate
b) It is converted to Ethanol and enters Citric cycle
c) It is converted to Acetaldehyde and enters Citric cycle
d) It is converted to Acetyl-CoA and enters Citric cycle
e) All the reactions of Glycolysis are reversed